Mold is found inside every building and is a part of a natural and healthy ecosystem. Mold becomes a problem when moisture remains in a structure for a short period. Mold growth may develop on moist and porous surfaces within 24 to 48 hours. That is why it is crucial to locate the moisture source to prevent mold from growing. If you find visible black mold call Projekt Property Restoration to evaluate and assess where the growth is, and quickly remediate the affected areas.
There are many ways to prevent mold growth, but when the unpredictable happens, drastic, and remedial measures must take place. Elevated mold growth requires a professional mold remediation team to remove the affected building materials and eliminate the source of surplus moisture.
Take action now!
The goals of mold remediation are to remove contaminated building materials, sanitize any exposed contents and materials and containing the affected area preventing mold spores from entering into non-contaminated area.
Cleanup and removal methods
The purpose Mold Remediation is to eliminate mold and remove contaminated materials. Projekt Restoration uses the following methods:
- Before mold removal, the area is assessed to ensure safety and to ensure that we use the correct remedial measures.
- Contain the affected area and obtain negative pressure.
- Remove any contaminated building materials.
- Wire brush studs or sanding any solid wood surfaces with visible microbial growth.
- Removal of any settled mold spores from non-porous surfaces by wiping and scrubbing with an EPA-approved antifungal agent.
- After materials have been dried and contaminated materials have been removed, HEPA vacuuming is used to collect any remaining debris and dust.
- Contaminated debris is sealed and discarded at a construction waste.
Projekt Restoration has the most advanced equipment to carry out a proper mold remediation in your property. The equipment used during a mold remediation include:
- Dehumidifiers reduce the humidity, which in turn, increases the rate of drying.
- Air scrubbers are portable filtration systems. They draw in air from the surrounding environment and pass it through a series of filters. These filters efficiently remove particles from the air to help improve indoor air quality.
- HEPA Vacuums are High-Efficiency Particulate Air vacuums which contains filters that are capable of trapping extremely small, micron-sized particles.
- Infrared Camera is an advanced tool that is mainly used to efficiently in detecting water leaks in places like ceilings, behind walls and in other places where accessibility is minimal. This eventually determines the areas where mold is likely to thrive thus enabling earlier preventive measures or proper ways for repair.
- Moisture Meter One of the major causes of mold growth is high level of moisture. It’s important to determine the moisture level of your house so that you can avert mold and mildew growth for good.
Choose Projekt Restoration for Mold Remediation
If you experience water damage or if you find signs of mold, contact us now to schedule a free consultation. Our team will be at your service until the problem is solved and you are well settled in.