What are Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Carbon Monoxide is one of the most dangerous gasses in the world because it is odorless, colorless, tasteless, and all around undetectable. These are caused by incompletely burning fuels such as gas, wood, propane, or other natural gasses. While it is rare to be subjected to these gasses, it is also vitally important that you invest in one of these detectors in order to prepare yourself for a potential leak.
Are these Important for your home?
Stating the importance of carbon monoxide detectors cannot be overdrawn. They are important for your home, but that doesn’t mean you should go around and drop a dozen of these in every room. It is a good idea that you invest in as many as you have sources of heat. Keep one in your kitchen, and if you have a water heater, I would recommend keeping one near there as well to be safe.
How do you install them?
Carbon Monoxide Detectors work identically to Fire Detectors. While it is better to have a professional install them into the ceilings or walls themselves, there are bootleg ways of making it happen easily.
Before we get into properly adhering the device to a surface, we need to address two rules you must follow.
It must be on the ceiling – It has to be on the ceiling because the gas will rise and not settle. If you keep it lower than your eye level, you run the risk of the room filling too much with carbon monoxide to be preventable.
It should be by a Vent – Next, for increased accuracy, keep it by the vent. Carbon Monoxide will follow with the airflow of the room, and if you keep a vent nearby, the air flow will pass right by your detector and quickly detect monoxide.